Have you ever wanted to make a difference in the world but didn't know how to begin or where to start? If you're interested in becoming a changemaker or work in the development sector, this course will give you an understanding of the real-world problems we are experiencing today and explore the rationale behind the fundamental questions of development.
You'll be given case studies to assess problems, identify solutions, and create mind maps to help you learn the necessary critical thinking and problem-solving skills to become an architect of social change.
Industry Coach: Saahi Ganeshanathan
- Introduction to the structure of the global system/governance (e.g. UN, government, NGOs, etc.)
- Understanding cause and effect
- Identifying problems in a timely manner
- Discussion about ambiguity and passion
- Key ideas in critical thinking
- Ways to formulate problem-solving
- Tips on being creative, reflective, and adaptive
- Understanding the difference between sympathy and empathy
- Discussion about how patience is the key to thrive in the development sector
- Principles of the development sector
- Understanding Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
**Time and date of classes are subject to change